Ghost Recon Wildlands Update 3.0 Overview
Ubisoft has applied its Ghost Recon Wildlands update 3.0 on April 12, 2017 for consoles. Patch 3.0 will be available on Friday, April 14th 2017 for the PC. The patch size for consoles will be around 8.4 GB and the PC patch will total around 6.5 GB.
You will receive an ingame notification letting you know when the patch is available. If you are in game you will want be required to restart in order to apply the patch.
Ghost Recon Wildlands Update 3.0 Features
Wildlands patch 3.0 features include several bug fixes as well as game stability. One thing you may notice is the Kingslayer file count in Media Luna. This has been adjusted as well as several other things. You can see the full patch notes below.
Probably one of the biggest features of Ghost Recon Wildlands update 3.0 is the addition of Live Season Challenges. Once you have applied the update you can find them in the game menu once you have loaded Wildlands. Keep in mind that in order to participate in the Live Season Challenges you will need to be online.
The first Season focuses on Unidad forces. According to Ubisoft that is “all the intel they can give us” for now. We will have an update to the season challenges very soon. Be sure to sign up for the newsletter to be informed about the season challenges as well as any other Ghost Recon Wildlands news.
Ghost Recon Wildlands Update 3.0 Patch Notes
Below you will find the patch notes for all inclusions, bug fixes, stability issues for console and PC versions of Ghost Recon Wildlands.
The first Ghost Recon Wildlands Live Season Challenge go live on Tuesday, April 18th 2017. The challenges as well as any requirements will be available via the in game menu once you are in game.
- Fixed a bug where the GPS would display the route for “El Emisario” instead of “Special Transport”
- Fixed “The Chemist” teleporting when escaping in certain situations
- Reload prompt no longer appears when accessing the command wheel
- Fixed “Marcus Jensen” mission not updating for the client while in 2players coop
- Fixed an infinite XP exploit in extract missions
- Fixed a bug where the VIP wouldn’t appear in the truck when replaying “Death Truck”
- Fixed a bug where “Target too far” would stay on screen in “The Mole” mission after locating the Unidad captain
- Fixed missions NPC not spawning if the player leaves and return to the area in “The mule doctors”
- Fixed a bug where El Cerebro’s Assistant would not get into the car after failing the mission in “El Cerebro”
- Fixed Bowman’s call not triggering if the player fast travel during Pac Katari’s call
- Fixed the journalist not exiting the car if another player completes the “Free the journalist” objective in “The journalist”
- Fixed a bug where the player could get stuck in the menus after validating a tutorial
- Fixed GPS blinking when the player moves far away from the target
- Fixed wrong number of Kingslayer files displayed on the tacmap in Media Luna and Inca Camina
- Fixed the “Controls” section of the options menu not responding in certain occasions
- Fixed a bug where the “Return to area of operations” message would remain on the screen even after returning to the area of operations
- Fixed a bug where the objective of systemic activities would not display on the HUD
- Pressing the R3 button while in passenger position of a vehicle will now display rear view
- Added a new public matchmaking criteria based on difficulty level
- Fixed a bug where a joining player could not see a NPC grabbed by a peer
- Fixed intels not unlocking for players entering the province last, despite the mission being playable via mission sharing
- Fixed SAM incoming missile alert not being replicated in coop
- Fixed visual effects of the “don’t press me” button not replicating in coop mode (learn where to find don’t press me buttons)
- Fixed absence of variation in the helicopter sound in coop
- Fixed Suppressors sometimes not replicating correctly when changing weapon in the loadout
- Fixed a bug where the mission “the Agent” would be completed for only one player when the drone battery runs dry just after the conversation is finished
- Fixed a bug where the player could not interact with the rally point door if another player finished watching the cinematic
- Type 95 LMG’s Extended magazines can now be used ingame upon purchase
- Fixed the player surviving falls when sticking to a wall
- Player can no longer take cover behind destroyed destructibles
- Fixed the player occasionally shaking when taking cover
- Fixed XP stuck for players in very rare occurrences
- Fixed a bug allowing the player to prone and fire through walls
- Fixed a bug where the player couldn’t take cover when exiting a vehicle
- The Santa Muerte helicopter now has the same handling as the others helicopters
- Fixed vehicles not exploding when colliding with the train
- Fixed a bug allowing the player to clip through walls with a motorcycle
- Fixed a bug where the Unidad alert level could drop from 4 to 0 when a reinforcement wave is cleaned
- The ADV Suppressor skill now properly affects damage reduction on all weapons.
- Fixed a bug where a weapon would become unusable if equipped in the loadout while the player swapped weapons
- Fixed a bug where the player could not reequip the suppressor back on Silencio once they viewed the weapon without it in Gunsmith.
- Fixed Amaru not having a radio voice while travelling by helicopter
- Fixed missing sound effect when a boat collides with the shore
- Fixed SAM detection sound repeating itself if the player exits the range in time
- Fixed audio feedback on incoming missiles
- Improved radio content randomization
- Fixed a bug where the AI teammates would repeat the same idle dialogues several times
- Fixed absence of sound when a helicopter crashes
- Fixed narrative dialogues replaying after each redeployment
- Fixed an occasional graphic corruption on the road texture when entering and exiting pause menu
- Fixed graphic corruption when colliding a vehicle with a trash can
- Fixed the Unidad costume clipping through the camera in Firstperson view
- Fixed the NPCs not positioning correctly when entering a 30° inclined vehicle
- The female ponytail hairstyle is no longer clipping with the Santa Muerte costume
- Fixed a rare bug causing fps drops on long game sessions
- XP boosters now display the number of hours they last
- “New vehicle unlocked” popup won’t activate every time a vehicle pack is collected
- Fixed season pass appearing as broken in the store when already purchased
- The “Compensator V2SMG” can now be attached to SMG’s
- Repositioned Legend collectible in the Media Luna province
- Fixed multiple places where the player could get stuck
- Fixed various world building glitches
- Fixed boats spawning on top of each other in Agua Verde
- Fixed various crashes and glitches
PC SPECIFIC FIXES
- Multiple stability issues addressed
- Solved a localization problem with the store page
- Fixed a case where Task Force membership wasn’t properly displayed
- Several Steam Controller tweaks and bug fixes
- UI control reminders now change automatically from controller to mouse and keyboard upon mouse input
- Solved mapping conflicts when remapping next or previous vehicle
- Fixed an issue about the “hold” gauge when redeploying on team mates
- Game language can be changed from Uplay launcher
- The Loadout tab is now functional when switching from Factions tab with a controller
- Right click now edits the selected weapon slot
Although this isn’t the much anticipated Ghost Recon Wildlands pvp update, we do get a taste of something new. As you finish the game you may find yourself wondering what to do next you have the chance to check out season challenges.
Leave a comment below and share your thoughts on Ghost Recon Wildlands Update 3.0.
Good luck and Happy Gaming my friends!